My eleventh day...I can't believe my two weeks in Taiwan are almost over. We went to XinYi to meet up with a friend from ISA last semester in UH. We had a nice, simple lunch at a cafe, and chatted there for a couple of hours. It was great seeing old friends again.
 |
| I ordered the beef and noodle bowl |
Afterwards, we caught the MRT to Taipei Main Station and ate dinner at a restaurant called Wellington Street. This restaurant was supposedly Hong Kong-style cooking. This was a farewell dinner for one of the new friends I met during this trip. The food here was great. We had 5 main dishes, and my favorite was the soft shell crab.
 |
| Char-siu |
 |
| Soft shell crab |
 |
| Fried salty egg w/ shrimp |
 |
| Scallop and vegetables |
 |
| Crab Cakes |
 |
| YouTiao and vegetables |
To finish off the day, we went to watch World War Z! Now...as some of you who know me may know... I am NOT good with thriller movies. As ashamed as I am about saying this, I watched the movie with sunglasses on and my fingers in my ears. It's bad enough watching stuff pop up at me; the music just makes the experience even scarier! Apparently I was the only one who could not handle this movie, so...all of you who plan to watch it, I guess it shouldn't be that bad.
Well, time to sleep and then go to the airport to see of our friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment