Saturday, June 15, 2013

Journey Begins!

  Elloh! Today was a very exhausting day, an 8 hour flight from Oahu to Japan, then another 3 hour flight from Japan to finally...Taiwan! Luckily I had my friend, Nial, along with me, so I was not completely bored. The movies on the plane were not the best since it did not consist of the newer movies, but I got to see some of my favorites like: 50/50, The Vow, and One Day. To keep me occupied for the remaining hours I read a book (and as most of you know, I do not like to read). The name of this book was Tuesdays with Morrie. I've never been so interested about a book until I read this one because it gives me a different perspective on how to see life. My favorite quote is: "Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."
  After we landed and got our luggage, we exchanged our USD to TWD ($1 = 29 TWD). We then went to the bus station to buy tickets, so that we could meet up with my friend, Anthony, at the Taipei Bus Station. The bus ride was ridiculous, from the airport in Tao Yuan to Taipei Bus Station took us another one hour! It made me miss the short bus rides in Hawaii.
  When I finally met up with Anthony we dropped off our luggage at his aunty's place and now we are spending the night at NewCBParty, which is a karaoke place. I never thought that the first night in Taiwan would be in a karaoke room instead of a hotel. I guess the benefit would be to hear free music and Taiwanese guys and girls singing loudly outside of our room. At least there was a buffet, so I can't complain. Well...that's it for today, time for some sleep and a new day tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment