Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 2

  Sorry for my late post; was so tired from yesterday but it was well...basically a day of EATING haha. After we left the karaoke room (in Xi Men), we went to grab some breakfast (in Xin Dian) taking the MRT. When catching the MRT, we can buy one-way tickets (which was like a poker chip) or purchase a card that allows you to input money on it and continually recharge it (which was way more convenient!). For breakfast we ate something simple but still tasty, which was this fried crepe wrapped around egg with shredded beef jerky and a sesame bun with meat inside. A lot of the stores in Taiwan did not open until around 11:00am, so we walked around a little bit before I went to grab my luggage from my friend's place to move it to my new home! But before I get to that...one tip I learned that day was to always have a small umbrella ready! The rain caught me by surprise! (Cheapest and nicest umbrella I found was a yellow umbrella...like How I Met Your Mother) For lunch, we ate in a very Chinese looking restaurant in Gongguan and ordered a small pork bowl, which was a very local Taiwanese food).
Breakfast


MRT
My Umbrella ^.^
Lunch and desert (Mango Par Par Ice)
  At 3:00pm I was finally able to move in to my room in Hsiu Chi House in the Gongguan region. This place is like studio and the customer service is very good. Most importantly there is AC and wifi! The weather here has been so muggy and hot in the summer that I start to sweat just walking to the MRT, which is only a block away from where I'm staying.

My Room
 The highlight of Day 2 was eating at the famous Taiwan Night Market in ShiLin. Basically we just go down the line of street food and eat whatever we want. There were so many people, it reminded me of Hong Kong night life. That night we ate up to eight different meals! We had these spicy and honey roasted chicken breasts (SUPER SUPER GOOD), then spicy mini sausages, then chicken leg cut into pieces like takoyaki and covered with all sorts of sauces (we chose the lemon and wasabi flavor sauce), then we had a sausage that was actually made of chicken! Our fifth and sixth dishes were at a small restaurant in the ShiLin Market that served oyster omelets (mmmm...my FAVORITE) and this fish cake fried with mochi and a sweet and sour sauce. Our seventh order was a "club & cheese" potato, which tasted a little different from the cheese filled baked potatoes in Hawaii. Lastly, we finished that night with Mala noodles, which is a popular Chinese oily spicy sauce and had a little peanut taste to it (this was TOO SPICY for me). This basically summed up my day 2, and let me just say...I LOVE TAIWAN FOOD!

Shi Lin Night Market
My BIG dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment